Due to ongoing business growth, we are seeking a Purchase Ledger on behalf of an award-winning automotive firm based in Aylesbury. Long-term career progression, study support and financial bonuses all on offer.
The organisation is closely aligned to the automotive industry and recognised as one of the largest in their sector, with workshops spread throughout the Midlands. They seek a Purchase Ledger to manage high level of data entry in the first instance with the process of managing the accounts payable.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Purchase Ledger is important for the processing of supplier statements and payments, ensuring that deadlines are met as well as maintaining supplier records on the database. The successful candidates must be highly organised, with great attention to detail in the administration of prioritising tasks and forming relationships with contacts from suppliers.
We would love to speak to candidates that have prior involvement in a purchase ledger position working with accounts payable, as this opening would be fantastic for someone eager to develop their personal competencies within a fast-growing company along with long-term progression opportunities.
- Check, gain authority and record a high volume of purchase invoices daily in Sage 200
- Assist with month end and year end completion tasks
- Processing card payments, record keeping, and ad hoc support duties
- Run daily and monthly reports for the managers
- Maintain correct supplier records with ownership of data entry
- Open new and update existing accounts
- Prepare and manage payment schedules
- Monthly supplier statement allocation and account reconciliation
What we are looking for:
- Prior experience of working in Credit Control within accounts payable
- Highly organised, with great levels of attention to detail in the administration of data entry
- A professional approach to tasks with a resolute mindset
- Strong IT knowledge including Excel. Sage is beneficial but not essential.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience, up to £24,000
- Opportunity for study support in line with personal requirements
- Cash incentive bonus in line with team targets
- Training on procedures and systems
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21886 - Purchase Ledger