This regional firm of chartered accountants is recruiting for a self-motivated, results oriented, qualified Accountant, to provide professional accountancy services to fee paying clients. Assisting and supporting the Director responsible for Tax with a client portfolio including limited companies and sole traders.
This would be an opportunity for an Accountant with no previous experience of tax to get involved in all aspects of corporate and personal tax compliance and advisory work. If you have a background in accounts preparation, audit or tax, then this opportunity will provide further exposure into tax.
- Work with and support the Tax Director, reviewing relevant work, advising clients & undertaking all duties as required.
- Liaising with clients (individuals and businesses) and providing financial information and advice
- Producing year-end accounts
- Completing self-assessments and corporate tax returns
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy)
- Supporting the Tax Directors' clients
- Managing and supporting junior colleagues in relation to clients and manage / support junior colleagues during the course of their duties.
What we are looking for:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable knowledge of current tax legislation
- Legislative compliance - ability to interpret relevant legislation to clients
- Previous experience of working with clients in a busy accountancy practice
- Managing and coaching team members
- Good knowledge of accounting systems e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, ideally CCH.
- Willingness to study CTA
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- 25 days holiday
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16408