Quality Engineer required by major automotive technology and engineering company based in Coventry.
My client is a global automotive engineering supplier whose technology is at the forefront of future mobility solutions. With a strong order book for the next decade and beyond, they seek a Quality Engineer to join a successful and expanding team.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will ensure the 'Voice of the Customer' is clearly understood translating into requirements technical specifications and special characteristics. You will perform a supplier quality role and also support the early identification of change to ensure customer satisfaction whilst assisting the business on new product introduction from the design phase through to completion.
- Project management of and single point of contact for APQP activities from start to finish, maximising customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to
- Involvement in all NPI/ APQP quality activities in line with customer requirements and IATF16949
- Define the Project Quality Plan in accordance with the customer and the BOD / BOP requirements
- Support Cross functional teams on APQP activities, participate in project risk analysis
- Define the AQP communication plan with customer and report out accordingly
- Participate in pre-production build phases in Customer and provide containment plans and formal responses to close out customer complaints (AIMs)
- Identify and communicate customer specific requirements to project team and business
- Assure timely validation and adequate support to the customer, process and plant regarding engineering changes and rework activities in pre-production phase
- Coordinate, with Process AQP, all Product Part Certification activities
- Produce written reports and make presentations as required
- Report, control and monitor all external costs
- Undertake special projects as required.
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Ability to plan and prioritise multiple activities together with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Assertive and resilient with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present data effectively
- Knowledge of TS16949, ISO9000 and IATF16949 standards
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing skills
- Sound knowledge of automotive quality methods and tools (PPAP's, DFEMA, PFMEA, 5Y, 5S, 8D and SPC)
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive ideal.
What's on offer;
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- Base salary up to £45,000
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension, up to 9% employer contribution
- Other benefits including Health Plan, Life Assurance etc
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19684