My client is a global engineering and technology organisation based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. Due to a major influx of new business with a major global automotive manufacturer, they seek a Sales Account Manager.
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager, you will act as the main commercial interface with the customer (automotive manufacturer) and be responsible for cost tracking, engineering changes and new quotations. In addition, you will liaise with the manufacturing plant regarding costing and change issues and provide board level reporting support to the Sales Manager.
- Act as main commercial interface with customer (automotive manufacturer)
- Responsible for cost tracking, engineering changes and new quotations
- Provide support to the Sales Manager in reporting issues to Management and Board
- Liaise with the manufacturing plant regarding costing and change issues
- Maintain and grow profit margins through careful management of cost changes, customer requests for extraordinary actions, and new business opportunities
- Lead customer RFQ (Request For Quotations) activity relating to components, ensuring responses are made in a timely manner
- Continuously strive to meet the customer expected standards, systems, methods and procedures for commercial issues
- Formulate commercial documentation and reports for presentation at reviews
- Play an active role in ensuring all commercial working practices satisfy TS16949, automotive quality system
- Be proactive and innovative in leading and developing the sales activity, playing a lead role in developing current and new business
- Develop working relationships with the customer both at UK and European level
- Continually review and improve the commercial working procedures and methods used within the Sales team
- Liaise with Engineering department and manage the commercial impact of engineering changes
- Liaise with manufacturing plants regarding commercial/RFQ activities and engineering changes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with keen ability to address highly complex customer issues
- Ability to absorb large amounts of technical knowledge
- Advanced Ms Excel skills
- A knack for learning and analysing various types of businesses
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written skills
- Manage time and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrate an ability to cope with a complex and changing environment
- Be flexible to handle current and developing programmes.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy operating across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16491