The Senior Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for the day-to-day accounting function of a small, family-owned business which is well established and operating within the construction industry.
My client is a reputable, local company based just outside Bedford and requires a Senior Bookkeeper to join their expanding team. This is the sole finance person within the business, taking ownership of the general ledgers, reconciling statements, and setting up payments as well as maintaining the trial balance and supporting the production of monthly and yearly management accounts.
They seek someone that has prior experience of managing the bookkeeping procedures, along with submissions of VAT returns and processing payroll. This would suite a hands-on individual, with high levels of attention to detail in meeting strict deadlines and possesses strong Excel skills.
This requirement would be great for a transactional accountant/bookkeeper who is technically strong and has the opportunity to go above and beyond and support in the production of management accounts reports, adding value to the processes and procedures within an impressive value-oriented family run company.
- Reconciling supplier's statements
- Sales/Purchase ledger
- Bank reconciliations/posting journals
- Prepare weekly and monthly payments
- Support generation of monthly management accounts and year end accounts
- Dealing with supplier/client enquiries
- VAT returns
- CIS returns
- Payroll processing
- General administrative duties ensuring all documents are filed and processed as required.
What we are looking for:
- AAT or ACCA/CIMA Studier or Qualified by experience
- Strong bookkeeping background up to maintenance of trial balance sheet
- Experience of VAT/Payroll - preparation of data and submissions
- Good attention to detail and excellent time management in meeting deadlines
- Proficient in the use of IT systems such as Excel - Xero desirable but not essential
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, up to £35,00 dependent upon experience
- Onsite parking
- Other benefits
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22956 - Senior Bookkeeper