Growing accountancy firm in Stratford-upon-Avon seek a Senior Bookkeeper for their predominately Warwickshire / West Midlands based clients. Very competitive salary, hybrid working from home, parking and further career progression all provided.
My client is an expanding accountancy firm with offices across the Midlands. They seek a Senior Bookkeeper to support the Outsourcing Manager by completing Bookkeeping, VAT returns, Management Accounts and Forecasting reports for clients. In addition, this role also requires assistance to the Outsourcing Manager in terms of the management of client relationships, ensuring client confidence and submitting reports in a timely fashion.
The vast majority of clients are based in the Warwickshire / West Midlands region and span a multitude of industry sectors including manufacturing, technology, high-end hotels, retail businesses, solicitors and charities.
We are keen to hear from candidates either currently working as a Senior Bookkeeper or who have previously gained bookkeeping experience, preferably from working within an accountancy practice environment although bookkeepers from within industry will also be considered.
- Day to Day bookkeeping of clients from various transactional streams (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Reviewing & taking ownership of report submissions, handing over to year-end team to process accounts
- Confirming that records are up-to-date and accurate reports are delivered to clients in a timely fashion
- Ensuring the VAT returns are correct and submitted on time in line with HMRC
- Assist the Outsourcing Manager in preparing cashflow forecasts / budgets from data provided by client on an ad-hoc basis.
- Support with production of Management Accounts, reporting financial performance against budgets & KPI's
- Liaising regularly with clients, developing strong, long-term relationships.
What we are looking for:
- Previous bookkeeping experience gained within in accountancy practice or from within an accounts function in industry
- Qualified by experience or AAT studier both considered
- Previous practical knowledge of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, Xero or Sage are beneficial but not essential
- Any previous experience with sole trader accounts is beneficial but by no means essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and HMRC
- The capability to use your initiative, self-manage, multi-task, organise workload, work quickly and accurately to meet regular deadlines.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience, up to £28,000
- Flexible hybrid working including working from home
- Passionate & supportive working environment with future succession planning
- Free onsite car parking.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22966 - Senior Bookkeeper