Global business seeks Senior Finance Manager for their European manufacturing operations.
Based in Solihull, Birmingham, the role of the Senior Finance Manager is to lead, oversee and be operationally involved with the daily administration of four manufacturing plant operations. You will be responsible for the facilities' accounting and finance activities, providing support in financial statement preparation and financial analysis as well as continuous improvement of the accounting function.
The Senior Finance Manager also partners with multiple cross-functional team members both at corporate and the respective business unit levels. Working closely with the General Managers, you will be actively involved, alongside the GM, in driving real sustainable change through the organisation.
This is a very interesting and diverse role that offers endless future career opportunities - my client is seeking the 'Finance Leads' of the future.
- Operational finance responsibilities for 4 manufacturing plants, 3 in the UK and 1 in Europe
- Work closely with manufacturing operations to ensure accurate and timely capture of all production costs and effective analysis of production variances
- Prepare financial statements and analytical reports as part of the monthly reporting package
- Full responsibility for the income statement and balance sheet for the facilities
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts during the year for the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Prepare a 13-week cash forecast to determine short term cash needs of the facility and appropriate management
- Responsible for new business quoting and tracking profitability during program life cycle
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts on a recurring basis, including posting monthly journal entries, completing account reconciliations, providing variance analysis and investigating discrepancies
- Conduct month and year end close
- Provide cost accounting expertise for the manufacturing operations
- Ensures GAAP and SOX is incorporated into the management of the business
- Ensures appropriate internal controls are in place and support annual financial audits
- Manage the inter-company transfer of products
- Develop, monitor and analyse manufacturing overhead allocation and burden rates
- Support operations in cost management and identify opportunities to drive improvements
- Responsibility for inventory integrity and stock control
- 4 direct reports with further indirect staff supervision responsibilities.
- Previous operational finance experience gained within a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive but not essential
- Strong technical and analytical skills with solid cost accounting background
- Ability to build professional relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to both support and challenge key stakeholders is vital
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to be an active partner to the General Manager, GM, in the running of the business units
- Demonstrated ability to make solid, objective and ethical commercial decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment and interact effectively with other groups and departments, clients and partners.
- Ability to travel, predominately within the UK, approximately 30% of the time
- Strong IT skills, previous experience using HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) is beneficial but by no means essential.
Who are we looking for;
- Mindset together with your approach and ambition is key to being successful in this role
- You will enjoy working within a faced-paced and dynamic environment plus be happy to be involved both in day-to-day and financial operations as required
- Working closely with the General Managers, you will be actively involved in driving real sustainable change and growth throughout the business units
- Calmness, confidence, expansive thinking and strong problem-solving skills will ensure your success in this role.
What's on offer;
- Six figure package including competitive base salary, car allowance, bonus and benefits
- Future career and personal development in whichever capacity you wish both Nationally and Globally - my client is seeking the 'Finance Leads' of the future.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19708