Working within this value driven top tier firm, the IFRS Advisory Senior Manager specialises in helping a developed portfolio of clients in technical accounting and financial reporting issues, the implementation of IFRS/UK GAAP accounting standards, and conversions. If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you'll fit right in.
If you are a Senior Manager or a Manager looking for a step up in responsibility then please do get in touch.
Working from their offices in the heart of London, the IFRS Advisory Senior Manager plays a key role in the Insurance Accounting Advisory team. Working with insurance clients and contributing to the delivery of solutions and value-added advice on complex accounting issues. You should have knowledge of the hot topics and challenges currently facing Insurance CFOs.
Advice will centre around IFRS 17/9 implementation, finance system implementation, IFRS / UK GAAP conversion support, accounting policy review projects, technical accounting and reporting issues, group reorganisations, M&A and ad-hoc accounting support.
We work with large as well as SME insurers and this will allow you to apply your technical accounting and financial knowledge and experience in the insurance advisory space.
- Responsible for engagement planning and management on a day-to-day basis including assessment of engagement risks, undertaking analyses, and deriving and documenting conclusions.
- Act as the day-to-day lead on client engagements, managing small teams where required.
- Support business development activities and will develop strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, as well as managing key accounts.
- Keep up to date with IFRS, UK GAAP and insurance industry specific issues and circumstances which affect insurance accounting, financial reporting and significant relevant regulatory changes.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, training, thought leadership and marketing materials
What we are looking for:
- Qualified accountants with strong technical accounting experience in the insurance sector and experience of IFRS ideally IFRS 17
- Experience in technical accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP and delivery of finance change programmes (e.g., IFRS 17/9) for insurance companies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in working in multi-functional teams and delivering high quality deliverables within tight timeframes
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
What'a on offer:
- An extremely competitive salary
- Best in class benefits package
- An opportunity to build your brand within a highly reputable organisation
- Career development
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21862