Senior Quality Engineer required by major automotive technology and engineering company based in Halewood, Merseyside.
My client is a global automotive engineering supplier whose technology is at the forefront of future mobility solutions. With a strong order book for the next decade and beyond, they seek a Senior Quality Engineer to join a successful and expanding team.
Reporting to the UK Customer Quality Manager, as Senior Quality Engineer you will ensure that incoming parts from supply chain companies and internally produced components meet the quality standards and systems required by the business and the OEM. A key aim is to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for identifying, raising and quickly resolving quality issues to ensure zero impact to the customer. Working within a team environment, you will also develop and implement best practices and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements.
- Be the single point quality contact between the business and OEM for quality related issues
- Manage all quality-related issues arising at customer plant or warehouse facility
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise
- Identify root cause to determine the level of responsibility and provide accurate and timely information to manufacturing plants for at source containment
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including rework levels and parts per million (PPM) figures
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Support plants to ensure customer complaint feedback is complete, accurate, timely and in the correct format
- Manage a team of Resident CSE's / Technicians
- Lead and/or support groups of technicians and rework engineers
- Assist in developing rework training requirements
- Liaise with customer to understand customer data and communicate with other departments
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake special projects as required.
- Knowledge of quality systems and measurement
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of TS16949, ISO9000 and IATF standards
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Ability to plan and prioritise multiple activities together with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Assertive and resilient with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication, negotiation and reporting skills with the ability to present data effectively
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive ideally
- Ability to travel within the UK and abroad
- Membership of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous but is by no means essential.
What's on offer;
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- Base salary up to £50,000
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension, up to 9% employer contribution
- Other benefits including Health Plan, Life Assurance etc
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19686