Opportunity to grow and develop in an existing tax team for either a corporate tax specialist or accountant with corporate tax experience.
My client is an award winning National accountancy firm. They seek a tax accountant with corporate tax experience. Working within an established tax team you will be providing corporate tax compliance services to a range of existing clients. There will also be opportunities to be involved with tax advisory work for clients. Clients are primarily Bedfordshire based SME businesses across a range of industry sectors including manufacturing, property, construction and engineering.
The tax team handles issues ranging from straightforward tax compliance to complicated tax planning. You'll be part of a mixed tax department with a broad portfolio of clients, but with an emphasis on corporate tax. Your work will be varied and challenging (appropriate to your experience).
My client has an open mind regarding the level of candidate that they will consider. The successful candidate can join as either a Tax Senior or Semi Senior (the package offered will be tailored accordingly). You may be an existing corporate tax specialist looking for a new challenge in a growing business with some exciting clients. Alternatively you may have 'all round' accounting experience but are now wishing to focus on and broaden your corporate tax experience.
- First review/preparation of corporation tax computations for a portfolio of SME clients
- Preparation of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses
- Advising companies of their tax liabilities
- Assisting with calculations of quarterly instalment payments
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Assist with HMRC enquiries into corporate tax returns
- Assist on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects
- Carry out research on different areas to assist Managers/Directors/Partners
- Prepare bills for clients.
A broad range and level of experience will be considered:
- Some previous practical experience of corporate/business/mixed tax is required however, this could be your first specialist corporate tax role
- Studying towards or qualified AAT, ATT or CTA - candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered
- Alternatively you could be ACA or ACCA qualified and looking to undertake the CTA (study support is available)
- Some experience training and developing junior members of staff is preferred
- Basic accounts knowledge
- Conversant in MS Excel & Word and tax software
- Excellent communication and relationship development skills
- Commercial awareness with a client focus
- Enthusiastic and committed to the firm in dealings with both clients and staff.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16464