Tax Accountant opportunity in Milton Keynes for an established independent accountancy practice.
Our client, based in the centre of Milton Keynes, is committed to providing a comprehensive range of tax services to their wide-ranging client base. They seek a tax accountant to prepare both corporate and personal tax returns.
As an employer they are dedicated to helping their staff grow and develop within their careers. Due to continued growth and expansion, the firm is currently looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a positive attitude, who is personable and professional. As a Tax Semi Senior accountant, reporting to the Tax Manager, you will be joining a specialist tax team of approximately 5 staff.
This is an excellent mixed tax role that will allow you to further develop your technical tax knowledge and career. You will predominately be involved in tax compliance work however there will be occasional opportunities to be involved with technical research and tax advisory work.
Any level or combination of Corporate and Personal tax experience will be considered.
- Preparing annual tax returns for companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals
- Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
- Completing posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns
- Obtaining missing information etc. from the client, third parties or elsewhere as required
- Preparing basic capital gains tax computations
- Drafting replies and letters to clients and third-parties as appropriate
- Electronic filing of tax returns
- Preparing forms and handling queries by HMRC
- Ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research and tax advisory.
- Previous experience working in a tax compliance environment
- ATT qualified and/or CTA part qualified preferred but not essential
- Previous Corporate / Business Tax experience
- Additional Personal Tax experience ideal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all business levels
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive approach with entrepreneurship and commercial awareness.
What's on offer;
- Opportunity to further develop your technical tax knowledge
- Competitive salary
- CTA and/or ATT study support (if desired)
- Heavily subsidised Milton Keynes parking pass
- Access to a support programme that incorporates coaching and mentoring
- Further career development opportunities.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18654