Tax Accountant required by leading National accountancy practice in their Leicester office.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. Having doubled in size in the last two years, they seek an experienced tax professional for their Leicester office. As Tax Accountant, Tax Senior or Tax Semi Senior, you will provide compliance and, on occasion, advisory services to a portfolio of both corporate and personal tax clients.
The tax teams handle issues ranging from straightforward compliance to complicated tax planning. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with some of the region's leading organisations and be part of their growing and successful tax team. There are genuine opportunities for career advancement for individuals who wish to showcase their potential.
Initially this role will be mostly compliance based however there will be opportunities to grow your experience within advisory work over time. My client has an open mind and is flexible regarding the percentage split of corporate tax and personal tax work. This will depend upon your level of existing experience within an accountancy practice environment.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations for a portfolio of corporate businesses
- Preparation of personal tax returns for a portfolio of individuals
- Preparation of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses
- Advising individuals and companies of their tax liabilities
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Assist with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns
- Assist on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects
- Carry out research on different areas to assist Managers/Directors/Partners
- Identify tax planning opportunities within individual and corporate client portfolio
- Prepare bills for clients.
- ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) and/or CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser), part or fully qualified, all considered as will candidates deemed qualified by experience
- Current technical tax knowledge with minimum 6 months practical experience gained within an accountancy practice
- Some previous practical tax experience of either corporate tax, personal tax or both
- Basic accounts knowledge advantageous
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong commercial awareness with a client focus
- A positive and committed approach with character and a sense of humour.
What's on offer:
- Competitive base salary up to £32,000 dependent upon experience
- Full and comprehensive benefits package
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays, with the option to buy (or sell) up to 5 days
- Opportunity to join a growing and successful business and to work with a diverse range of interesting clients
- Genuine opportunities for career advancement for individuals who wish to showcase their potential
- Culture providing genuine work life balance
- This is a full time role however tax candidates seeking a part time or flexible schedule around other commitments will also be considered.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home Counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19714