Reputable and multi office accountancy practice in Worcestershire seek Tax Accountant either as a Tax Senior or Tax Semi Senior depending upon experience.
Working within the tax team, you will be responsible for preparing self-assessment tax returns for a portfolio of approximately 300 clients. Clients will include directors of owner managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional practices and self-employed individuals.
This is initially a purely personal tax focused role however, in time and as you progress responsibilities could expand to include a mixture of corporate and personal tax.
- Responsible for preparing self-assessment personal tax returns for a portfolio if circa 300 clients
- Client base will include directors of owner managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional practices and self-employed individuals
- Preparation of P11D forms P11D
- Advising individuals of their tax liabilities
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Assist with HMRC enquiries into personal tax returns
- Carry out research on different areas to assist Managers and Partners
- Identify tax planning opportunities within individual client portfolio
- Prepare bills for clients.
- Studying towards ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) and/or CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser) ideal but candidates deemed qualified by experience will absolutely be considered
- Current technical tax knowledge with preferably 6 months or more practical experience gained within an accountancy practice
- Some previous practical personal tax / self-assessment experience
- Basic accounts knowledge advantageous
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong commercial awareness with a client focus
- A positive and committed approach with character and a sense of humour.
What's on offer;
- Career growth and development
- Full study support for ATT or CTA as required
- Genuine work-life balance (no long hours)
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm or 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19726