This Tax Advisor position is a busy and varied role, with regular exposure to lots of different areas of taxation, focusing on managing a personal tax client portfolio within a busy and vibrant office in Solihull. The Tax Advisor role is very much a personal tax role within an accountancy practice, an awareness of other taxes would be of benefit.
The individual will require the ability to prioritise and manage deadlines, be confident liaising with clients and colleagues and have a mathematical mind. The Tax Advisor will also need to be able to work independently and manage a portfolio of clients with ease - previous experience of managing their own allocation is an advantage.
Currently a hybrid role between home and office but this may be subject to change over time.
- Managing personal tax client portfolio, dealing with queries and assisting clients where required
- Completing and submitting personal tax returns for all clients in portfolio
- Completing property and sole trader accounts for inclusion on Tax Returns
- Completion of Capital Gains Tax computations for inclusion on Tax Returns
- Assisting with technical queries / ad hoc work where required
What we are looking for:
- Organisational skills and the ability to work to and manage deadlines
- Confident telephone manner when speaking with clients
- Ability to write letters to clients/HMRC when required
- Ability to monitor and manage deadlines
- Good computer skills
- ATT Qualified / Intention to qualify preferable
What's on offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Study support if required
- Competitive salary and holidays
- Fantastic working environment with staff restaurant and fitness studio
- Subsidised meals
- Free parking
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21838 - Tax Advisor (Solihull)