Our client is an award winning international, independent accountancy firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal and advisory services. The firm now offers a great opportunity for a Tax Manager to work within their highly skilled tax team in the Milton Keynes office.
The role of Private Client Tax Manager will be mainly advisory focussed and you will work within the Private Client tax team to deliver a high quality tax service to private clients and entrepreneurs at all times whilst building up your own knowledge and expertise in the tax department. Working alongside the highly skilled tax team you will work to deliver a high quality tax whilst expanding your own knowledge and expertise in the tax department.
Typical advisory work will include:
- Wealth planning
- Inheritance Tax planning
- Trusts and Estates including offshore trusts
- Residence and domicile issues including those coming to or leaving the UK
- Responsible for a portfolio of recurring client work, mainly compliance, including owner-managed businesses and their shareholders, people with inherited family wealth, trusts and company directors
- Managing a portfolio of clients, including acting as one of the main points of contact for the client and liaising with other advisers.
- Maximising advisory opportunities from your portfolio of clients, dealing with ad hoc advisory and planning issues as they arise with collaboration with more senior or junior members of the team as required for delivery of the project
- Preparing tax advisory letters, memos and reports for review and reviewing drafts prepared by more junior members of the team
- Helping develop the business and the seek new opportunities both within Mazars and externally by creating a network of contacts and referrers
- Managing WIP and fees
- Overseeing the annual compliance cycle on your portfolio
- Reviewing tax returns, correspondence and advice drafted by junior members of the team
- Working with senior members of the advisory team whilst also acting as a coach to more junior members of the team
What we are looking for:
- CTA qualified
- Relevant experience of Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning including the impact of residence and domicile
- Practical experience on the use of trusts, the taxation consequences of using trusts and a basic knowledge of trust law and accounting
- Relevant experience of the use and structure of tax-efficient investments includes EIS, SEIS and VCT
- Some background knowledge and experience of tax issues facing owner-managed businesses;
- Strong client handling skills and the ability to develop good relationships with clients other professionals
- Preferably will have experience of working with owner-managed businesses
- Be able to delegate work efficiently, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster the development of junior team members
- Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15191