Opportunity for a Tax Assistant Manager to join the Private Client team of an established and reputable accountancy firm based in the West Midlands.
My client is a successful multi-office accountancy practice with an established network across the Midlands. They seek an experienced Assistant Tax Manager to work closely with the Private Client team and Partners to plan, co-ordinate and deliver tax compliance and advisory services to both existing and new clients across the West Midlands.
- Manage a portfolio of tax clients with responsibility for the day-to-day management of their affairs
- Assist in the development of tax advisory assignments
- Apply technical knowledge to formulate and deliver tax advisory services and to provide commercial solutions to clients
- Identify opportunities to mitigate tax liabilities and liaise with Partners to implement these opportunities with the client base
- Assist other Tax Partners and Managers on the delivery of services to their clients and prospects
- Research and provide technical updates to the tax department and firm
- Review the work of colleagues for technical accuracy
- Plan and carry out sales and marketing activities within agreed budgets and timescales
- Manage deadlines and prioritise workload in accordance with the needs of the department and client expectations
- Responsibility for the management of WIP on client portfolio
- Provide ad-hoc support to the tax department.
- CTA qualified (Chartered Institute of Taxation)
- STEP is desirable but not essential (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Previous private client or personal tax experience gained within the profession
- Commercial awareness with a client focussed and positive approach
- Proven technical skills together with excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills with the ability to use and learn tax and accounting software and systems
- Drive and ambition for growth and development.
What's on offer:
- Full and comprehensive benefits package
- Agile and flexible working hours
- 'Dress for your diary' dress code
- Generous Profit Related Bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Paid volunteer days
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Annual payment of professional subscriptions
- Reward and recognition scheme and awards
- Regular reviews, training and opportunities for further career progression.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20783