Exciting opportunity to work within UK and International Tax at one of Birmingham’s leading and fastest growing accountancy firms.
My client is a top tier accountancy practice. Their tax division in particular has exciting growth plans. They seek an experienced corporate tax professional to join them, ideally at the Assistant Manager level.
The clients of the UK and International Tax team are predominantly multinational companies requiring assistance with their global tax position. You will therefore be involved in areas such as; cross-border transactions and expansion into new markets, transfer pricing, compliance and reporting plus any associated tax advisory services.
Reporting directly to a Tax Director, you will assist with the management of a portfolio of large Owner Managed Businesses (OMBs), Corporations and International Groups, predominately UK inbound or outbound.
Joining at a pivotal time for the department you will be involved in building a “best in class” team and offering. Although experience of International tax is preferred, candidates with existing and current UK corporate tax experience are also encouraged to apply. This could therefore be an exciting and unique opportunity for any corporate tax professional.
- Manage the successful delivery of international tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and provide practical solutions
- Transfer pricing work
- Involvement in tax clearances and liaison with overseas offices
- Prepare accurate and technically correct corporation tax computations for UK companies
- Understand the impact on Controlled Foreign Company (CFC) regulations
- Understand the taxation of foreign branches
- Calculate quarterly instalment payments
- Deal with client queries efficiently
- Review tax computations and quarterly CT61s prepared by junior members of the team
- Liaise with the client and the audit teams to organise year end site visits
- Preparation of tax consolidation models, under IFRS, and producing accounts disclosures
- Assist Directors and Partners with specific (International) advisory projects including in respect of BEPS (Base Erosion & Profit Shifting), permanent establishments and withholding tax.
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent and/or CTA qualified
- In depth tax technical knowledge and good working knowledge of the UK Corporation tax system
- Transfer Pricing background either in professional practice or multinational corporation desired
- Able to identify tax issues and research them
- An ambitious and enthusiastic tax professional prepared to undertake a wide variety of UK tax work to support a fast growing department
- Able to build good relationships with clients, team members and other departments
- Proactive self-starter with a keen eye for detail
- Energetic and professional approach
- Tax software experience required.
What’s on offer;
This is a great opportunity at an important stage in the growth of the department and business. Huge career progression and personal professional development opportunities are on offer together with a comprehensive benefits package, to include;
- Competitive salary up to £43,000
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Defined contribution pension and allowances
- Life cover
- Income protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Discounts on technology purchase and leisure activities.
Want to learn more? Register your interest by APPLYING TODAY or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job refs ABJ/15297.