Rare opportunity to work with prominent persons within the entertainment industry. Would suit candidates with either an Expat tax or UK personal tax background.
Our client is a reputable firm of accountants and tax advisers with a niche specialism in the film, media, sports and entertainment industries. They seek an experienced Tax Consultant to join their Film Team. Based in their Redditch office, the Tax Consultant will get the opportunity to deal with the affairs of prominent persons within the entertainment industry.
They act for both in-front of camera and behind camera personnel on the majority of US studio films with an element of filming outside of the US. They specialise in ensuring that actors, directors and other key personnel meet their international tax obligations and operate in the most tax efficient way possible. They also act for a substantial number of high profile UK based entertainers, sports professionals and sports clubs.
This role would suit tax candidates with experience of expatriate taxation (UK inbound especially from the US would of course be ideal) however candidates with a solid grounding within UK personal tax will absolutely be considered. This really is a very rare opportunity to learn a skill-set that few others have within the profession and deal with the affairs of prominent persons within the entertainment industry.
- Preparing applications to HMRC for key talent entering the UK
- Assisting in advising key talent on structuring their involvement in film projects
- Reviewing the implications of tax laws in other jurisdictions relevant to a project
- Assisting in advising on contractual matters from a tax perspective
- Preparing tax forecasts and completing the UK Tax Returns for key talent
- Researching future projects and active involvement in generating new work.
- ATT qualified
- Experience within a private client tax department - no prior experience of film taxation issues is required
- Able to meet very high standards in client service - an ability to react quickly to requests will be essential
- Ability to multi-task and a willing attitude to taking on challenges and learn new technical areas
- The capacity to communicate clearly and precisely to clients and colleagues will be essential.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary up to £35,000 (negotiable) dependent upon experience
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing and dynamic practice with fast-track career progression available
- Exposure to an exclusive client base
- Working in an environment where you will have the freedom to flourish and explore specialist areas of tax
- Opportunity to learn a skill-set that few others have within the profession and deal with the affairs of prominent persons within the entertainment industry
- Working hours 8.30 to 5.00 or 9.00 to 5.30
- On-site parking.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19692