Established and growing West Midlands based accountancy practice seek Tax Director to head up their tax services department.
My client is one of the larger regional firms in the West Midlands. They seek an experienced Tax professional to be responsible for the entire tax function and to be the figurehead for tax for the firm.
Ideally with a mixed tax background, you will oversee the delivery of both corporate and personal tax services to a range of clients, predominately owner managed businesses (OMB's), with a specific focus on the Advisory side. The firm has a unique range of service lines and there is vast potential to grow the tax offering within the existing client base and beyond.
This is a fantastic opportunity that could suit a Senior Manager from within the Big 4, or a top tier firm, who is seeking more autonomy and strategic involvement than the large corporate world allows. Alternatively, you may be an existing Tax Director or Tax Partner at a more regionally focused business who is seeking a new challenge with a potential route to equity partnership.
- Overall responsibility for entire tax function, including tax staff and the delivery of tax advice and compliance services to over 3000 clients
- Responsible for personal portfolio of clients
- Provide tax and business advisory mentoring and support to businesses
- Provide corporate and personal tax advice, tax planning and tax mitigation schemes
- Advise on direct and indirect tax enquiries and HMRC disclosure opportunities
- Lead, manage, train, develop and mentor staff within the tax team
- Shared responsibility for business development
- Write articles for website and local press etc
- Represent the firm as the tax figurehead within the business community and at industry events, including networking events, seminars and presentations.
Who we're looking for;
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- CTA and/or ATT preferred
- Previous tax advisory experience essential
- Current / recent experience within an accountancy practice / firm
- Previous experience dealing with Owner Managed Businesses (OMB's) as clients
- Excellent presentation, networking and business development skills
- Commercial awareness with a client focus and strong client relationship skills
- On organised and inspiring people manager with integrity and leadership qualities.
What's on offer;
- Very competitive salary dependent upon level and experience
- Profit bonus
- Future opportunity for equity
- Flexible benefits
- An open and flexible culture built on honesty and trust.
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/16293