Established and growing West Midlands based accountancy practice seek Personal Tax Manager. Flexible working on offer including working from home and offices across the West Midlands region.
My client is one of the larger, multi-office regional firms in the West Midlands. Due to continued growth, expansion and future succession planning, they seek an experienced Personal Tax Manager or Assistant Tax Manager to join their tax team.
You will manage and prepare tax returns for an existing portfolio of clients. The portfolio is varied and can be tailored to your skill set, experience and specific interests. This role is split approximately 70% tax compliance / 30% tax advisory.
You will be part of a team dedicated to providing personal tax compliance and private client tax planning / advisory services. This is a managerial level appointment in support of the senior Managers/Directors/Partners with significant career and professional development prospects.
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns for an existing portfolio of personal tax clients, trusts and estates
- Delegate and review tax work for junior staff
- Be the first point of call for clients, handling any queries
- Liaise effectively with clients, the tax department and other service lines
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with new and existing clients
- Monitor work in progress (WIP) of allocated jobs
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager with the continual development of all systems and matters related to the tax department
- Provide ad hoc Advisory advice under the direction of the Senior Tax manager and Tax Director.
- Relevant tax and/or accounting qualification, ATT, CTA, ACCA, ICAEW/ACA or equivalent preferred however, candidates who are qualified by their experience will also be considered
- Extensive experience within personal tax / private client tax, preparing personal tax returns for a portfolio of clients
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of UK income tax, CGT and IHT
- A proactive approach with excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Strong relationship management and development skills
- Previous experience working with a range of clients in both a personal tax compliance and tax advisory aspect.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Flexible working on offer including working from home and offices across the West Midlands
- Flexible benefits package
- Opportunities to progress and further develop your career.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21823 - Tax Manager