Rare Tax Manager (Advisory) opportunity to grow and develop an existing tax team with a clear route for promotion to Senior Manager, Director and ultimately Tax Partner.
My client is an award winning National accountancy firm. They seek an experienced Tax Manager to provide tax advisory services to existing clients, identify and develop new clients and, assist in delivering the firm's tax strategy.
Based in central Milton Keynes, this role offers the rare opportunity to grow and develop an existing tax team plus a clear route to Senior Manager, Director and ultimately being a Tax Partner as the office grows around you.
The work is across a broad spectrum, but will include the review of tax returns and computations, running and leading tax advisory projects, assisting in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and supporting business development activity for new client acquisition.
- Assist in delivering firm tax strategy
- Identify and target advisory opportunities with existing clients
- Generate new leads and win new tax advisory work.
- Provide tax advisory services on client portfolios
- Manage the production of corporate and personal tax computations
- Plan, control and review work carried out by team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Respond to tax queries from Partners & Directors
- Carry out consultancy work and advisory work
- Liaise between Partners, tax department and audit department
- Attend client meetings and presentations (where appropriate)
- Correspondence with clients and external bodies.
People Management & Development.
- Assist in completing appraisals for allocated members of staff to enable development
- Allocate and review jobs and tasks
- Ensure trainees receive training relevant to their level of ability
- Actively involve junior staff in advisory work.
- CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Mixed Tax Manager from a well respected tax practice or boutique tax firm
- Demonstrable and current technical tax knowledge
- Generalist tax experience including both corporate and personal tax preferably in an OMB (Owner Manager Businesses) environment
- Proven compliance and advisory experience
- General knowledge and understanding of audit and accountancy issues
- Commercial awareness with client focus and excellent client relationship skills
- People management skills with experience of coaching and developing others
- A creative team player who is calm and effective under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills with effective problem solving and decision making abilities.
What's on Offer;
- This role offers the rare opportunity to grow and develop an existing tax team plus a clear route to Senior Manager, Director and ultimately Tax Partner
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience, target £50,000 to £62,000
- Up to 10% bonus paid annually
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible benefits package
- Life assurance x 4 salary.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16450