Leading independent accountancy practice based in central Milton Keynes seek Tax Manager or Assistant Tax Manager on either a full time or part time basis.
My client is a long established independent firm of chartered accountants based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. They are seeking an experienced tax professional at either the Tax Manager, Assistant Tax Manager or even Tax Senior level. In line with their flexible and accommodating culture, they will consider candidates on both a full and part time basis.
Working closely with the Head of Tax, primary responsibilities include processing personal tax returns for a large and diverse portfolio of existing clients and the completion and review of corporate tax returns. Clients are predominately individuals from owner managed businesses (OMBs) and limited companies. As a result, in addition to offering tax compliance services, this also creates opportunities to identify and develop tax planning and advisory work which you can also be involved with.
This is very much an 'all round' tax role that can be tailored to your level of tax experience and skill set.
- Preparation of personal tax returns and self-assessment calculations
- Review and/or completion of corporate tax returns
- Dealing directly with clients, HMRC and other third parties as necessary
- Taxation of trading income
- Basic Capital Allowances
- PAYE, P11Ds and National Insurance
- Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, Trust Tax, R&D
- Income from property
- Income from shares and other investments
- Tax planning
- Support the Partners with firm initiatives and development
- CTA, ATT, ACA or ACCA qualification preferred but candidates deemed qualified by experience will also be considered
- Previous experience of preparing / processing personal tax returns essential
- All round tax knowledge ideally to include Personal Tax, Corporate Tax, Private Client Tax
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (particularly in writing)
- Be comfortable managing your own workload.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary, negotiable, dependent upon experience and pro rata'd for part time applicants
- Milton Keynes parking pass
- Flexible working schedule / hours
- Flexible benefits policy tailored to your personal preferences
- Excellent career and personal development prospects, if desired
- Supportive, aspirational and successful working environment.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, ALWAYS IN COMPLETE CONFIDENCE. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18657