Growing Oxfordshire accountancy firm require experienced Tax Senior to provide high quality compliance and advisory corporate tax services to clients.
My client is a very successful regional accountancy practice who have experienced double digit growth in each of the last 5 years. They require an experienced Tax Senior to work closely with the Corporate Tax Partner in providing tax services to an existing client portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have worked predominantly with corporate clients but will also have had exposure to personal tax work. The role will involve a mixture of advisory and compliance activities with a split of around 70% compliance to 30% advisory.
- Prepare corporate tax and partnership tax returns for a portfolio of clients
- Regularly meet with clients relating to tax and account matters
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information to complete accounts and tax returns
- Ability to prepare personal tax returns for director's efficiently and in accordance with the firm's procedures
- Prepare and assist with specialist tax work such as ATED, VAT options to tax, capital taxes, stamp duty, national insurance contributions and share schemes
- Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs regarding specialist tax work
- Finalises paperwork for dispatch to clients and HM Revenue & Customs
- Identify tax planning opportunities to raise with clients
- Assist and train junior members of the team with accounts and tax matters
- Reviewing accounts and business tax returns prepared by junior members of the team
- Prepare and monitor company secretarial matters.
- Previous experience gained within an accountancy practice essential
- The ideal candidate will have worked predominantly with corporate clients but will also have had exposure to personal tax work
- Relevant qualification(s) preferred; ATT, CTA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Strong technical ability and accuracy with advice and recording
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with taxation software and interaction with HMRC online services.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary
- A personal pension plan to employees
- A brilliant employee benefits package
- Flexible working hours.
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/16369