This well established regional firm of chartered accountants, centred in Banbury, requires a highly experienced Personal Tax Senior to provide a high quality tax service to clients and to contribute to the development of the practice.
- Prepare partnership tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines.
- Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs regarding specialist tax work.
- Prepare and assist with specialist tax work such as ATED, VAT options to tax, capital taxes, stamp duty, national insurance contributions and share schemes.
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information to complete accounts and tax returns.
- Identify tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
- Ability to prepare personal tax returns for director's efficiently and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
- Assist and train junior members of the team with accounts and tax matters.
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to clients and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets.
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery.
- Prepare income from property schedules
We are looking for:
- CTA, ATT or equivalent tax qualification through experience
- Knowledge of all personal and business taxes
- Knowledge of capital taxes, including capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Familiarity with taxation software and interaction with HMRC online services
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Study support
- Life assurance
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17549