Top tier National accountancy practice with a growing International presence, seek Tax Senior to join their Northampton team.
My client is an award winning National accountancy practice with a growing International presence. They seek an experienced tax professional to join their Northampton office. As Tax Senior, you will effectively manage and carry out the production corporate and personal tax returns and computations for an existing portfolio of clients. On the business side, you will be working with some of the firms larger clients, up to £200million turnover, across a variety of industry sectors. These sectors include automotive, manufacturing, design and group companies. In addition, there are several clients with US interests which adds even more variety to the work and portfolio. Personal tax computations will typically be for Owner Managers and High Net Worth individuals.
This is a mixed tax role with a bias towards corporate tax. Therefore candidates with either a mixed tax (corporate tax and personal tax) background or a pure corporate tax background will be considered. This role will initially be more compliance focused but will also include advisory work from the start and it is envisaged that the proportion of tax advisory work will increase in time.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations for a portfolio of corporate businesses with a turnover ranging from £1m-£200m
- Preparation of personal tax returns for a portfolio of individuals (Owner Managers and High Net Worth individuals)
- Advising individuals and companies of their tax liabilities
- Assist on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Assist with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns
- Carry out research on different areas to assist Managers/Directors/Partners
- Identify tax planning opportunities within individual and corporate client portfolio.
- ATT qualified, CTA studier (study support will be given) or CTA qualified preferred but candidates deemed qualified by experience will absolutely be considered
- Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge to include corporate tax and, ideally, some personal tax
- Able to train and guide junior members of the team
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong commercial awareness with a client focus
- Role based in the Northampton office with only occasional off-site client visits, all base locally to Northampton.
Interested? Want to discuss further? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15339