If you are an experienced VAT professional who wants to take control over your career and can make a difference to the local economy then please consider this VAT Manager opportunity working for this professional services business, based in Northampton.
The finance team provides valuable support to the senior management team and key stakeholders within the firm, providing information that will be used to monitor firm's performance and to achieve their strategy for growth. The finance team is introducing a new finance platform which changes the way finance provides support to the business and as the VAT Manager you will be an important part of this.
You will provide vital VAT support to the finance teams and the business, through routine compliance work and adhoc advisory projects which support the wider business plans. This is a very diverse opportunity for the right candidate.
- Managing and reviewing the quarterly VAT compliance process of the UK Firm, to include the VAT return, partial exemption calculation and EU sales lists
- Work with the wider finance teams to continuously review our VAT processes and system design to ensure that we are compliant with new legislation and working as efficiently as possible
- Actively keep up to date with VAT legislation change and own the responsibility of ensuring that the finance team and wider business teams are kept abreast of the changes
- Ensuring that the firm is ready for Making Tax Digital
- Provide advice to the finance team and the wider business teams on the correct tax codes and treatments for routine sales and purchase tax invoices
- Act as the decision maker on the VAT treatment of new client contracts
- Regularly audit the firm's risk areas particularly tax codes applied to sales transactions
- Act as the VAT subject matter expert on all adhoc business transactions that the firm enters into, to include group structure changes and property transactions
- Build relations with HMRC and be the firm's primary contact for all VAT related matters
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience of working as a VAT subject matter expert
- A diverse background and be used to advising on property matters and business transactions as well as being able to deal with routine compliance
- Possibly ACCA/ACA/CTA qualified
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits
- Profit share scheme
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19740