Are you extremely knowledgeable on all things VAT and looking for a real challenge? Then read on.
This established Leicester business has a new role within the finance team to take the lead on the creation and implementation of a whole VAT control framework.
As the VAT Specialist, you will enjoy being the individual that is able to lead internal and external stakeholders on all matters related to Indirect Tax. You will lead and drive the global VAT strategy and work closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead on the Indirect Tax strategy working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders where required
- Review the current VAT processes and control framework
- Provide ideas on how these can be improved and implemented.
- VAT accounting, reconciliations and returns for both UK and overseas.
- Work closely with external stakeholders such as HMRC
- Train both finance and non-finance staff on all relevant matters
- Keep the business updated on any changes that are related to Indirect Tax
- Lead the groups compliance with "Making Tax Digital"
What we are looking for:
- CTA/ATT part or fully qualified
- Demonstrable indirect tax experience
- Practical knowledge of ERP systems (i.e. SAP or comparable large ERP systems)
- Proficiency in MSOffice (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisation, planning and project management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Indirect Tax accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Excellent understanding of internal Indirect Tax controls.
- Strong business acumen & analytical skills with attention to detail
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Development opportunities and career path
- 22 days annual leave
- Free car parking
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee discounts on products and retailers
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/19701