My client is a global engineering and technology organisation based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. They seek a Warranty Engineer within their electrical wiring harness division. Reporting to the UK Quality Manager, you will provide quality engineering support for their Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) business on current and future vehicle programmes. You will manage EDS warranty for the UK business, be responsible for warranty analysis and act as an interface in providing regular updates to the business and to the customer, a reputable automotive manufacturer.
- Provide quality engineering support for current and future vehicle programmes using preventative and reactive problem solving tools and techniques widely used and recognised in the automotive industry
- Represent UK quality department in current and future vehicle programmes both internally and at customer level
- Prepare and provide structured and prioritised warranty data both internally (eg manufacturing plants, engineering, supplier development) and externally to the customer
- Utilise, monitor and analyse all relevant warranty data including customer claims based on dealer comments, customer selected market returns and other claim associated data
- Coordinate and lead resolution actions to implementation
- Maintain access to all relevant sources of warranty data
- Participate and where appropriate take the lead in customer warranty meetings, eg PVT meetings, EDS, supplier reviews, Supplier Quality Reviews, dealership visits
- Lead all UK warranty meetings
- Interrogate, maintain and administer customer PAWS database relevant to projects
- Track and report monthly total EDS warranty costs against company liability
- Liaise effectively with key stakeholders including Quality Engineer, Warranty Technician and resident Engineers at customer manufacturing plants
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures (EOS/DBS) relevant to warranty activities.
- Practical experience in use of problem solving tools such as 8D reporting and six sigma required
- Practical experience of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process )preferred
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including process documentation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel to client site as necessary
- Degree in Engineering or other technical field beneficial
- Previous Automotive industry experience advantageous but not essential
- Previous background within Quality and/or Warranty engineering.
What's on offer;
- Salary up to £40,000 dependent upon experience
- Opportunity for future career growth and development both within the role and organisation
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Medical scheme
- Life assurance
- Early Friday finish (12 Noon)
- On-site parking.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy operating across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16487